Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rules

• Please log in to reply

BlueDiver

BlueDiver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:
I have created a very simple rule that, upon receipt, merely looks for specific text within a message and then forwards to a contact. When I created the rule, it appeared to work once. Subsequent testing has demonstrated that, in order for this rule to work, I must exit Outlook and restart it. And, even if I do so, it only forwards the first message that includes the specified text.

I've browsed Microsoft's support site to no avail. All references to such a problem lead me to an Exchange Server solution, and this is not applicable in my case.

My specifics:

Operating System: Windows 2000
Software: Outlook 2000 (CW)

Anyone out there had such a problem and, if so, have you found a solution?

Thanks in advance for your time spent!

Marj

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Did you follow the rules wizard when you created this rule?

BlueDiver

BlueDiver

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
As I said in my previous note, the rule worked once. Then it seemed that I had to shut down Outlook in order to make it work again. My observation, at that point, was that it would forward one message upon receipt, but the second message with the same content did not forward.

I changed the rule to forward the message as an attachment and saw the rule work successfully twice in a row. Then it failed and I haven't seen it work since.

So, in answer to your question, "Did I follow the rules?" Yes. The rule worked and then it quit.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I was suggesting you follow the rules wizard that outlook provides and try it again.

BlueDiver

BlueDiver

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That is what I did to create the rule. I used the rules wizard.