Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playstation 2

• Please log in to reply

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
;) I had a problem with my PS2 before where the game would suddenly stop and make a wierd grinding noise and the screen read disc error...I did some research and found out that cleaning the lens and lubricating the poles the disc tray runs would fix all my problems. So I opened it up did what they said and from then on it worked perfectly. Now its probably 7 months later and Im experiencing the same problem all over again, and doing what i did before isn't working at all. The technician I talked to before said it would cost about 60$ to fix, and I feel that that is to expensive for what probably is one little simple job. Does anyone know how to try and fix this problem besides what Ive already done? :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
for $60 they probably will just replace the drive. sounds like you've worn the drive out... :tazz:

DeV1Se

DeV1Se

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sony cant make a decent product these days... seems all their stuff has a 366 day lifespan... ie: 1 day after your warranty expires your sony product breaks and you've gotta go buy another one.... very clever thinking sony...

except I wont touch sony anymore... only reason i bought my sony dvd-rw was cos it looked cool.

my tip is to pay a small fee when buying your sony stuff to add an extra 2yrs warranty to the product... at least you're not gonna get stuffed with a huge repair charge (or worse - having to buy a new one) if your appliance knackers up after 12months.

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
lol..... I was so frustrated with not being able to play it, and not being able to afford a new one, I opened it up and gave it anpther try. I cleaned it and did everything I did the first time and it now works better than ever. I just saved 60$ doing something cost all of 6$ for qtips air can and somekind of lubricant. :-) I should go into to buisness with this....Im good! Thanks for all the help anyway.