Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help On Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hey
I have no Idea about this but my Product Key isn't valid for some reason!How can I change my Product Key?
Regards Boo-Yeah

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Give us a few details. What kind of computer, do you have the original installation or is it an upgrade? Are you trying to use your original disk or did you borrow one? Different kinds of installs have theri own series of product keys, so they aren't all interchangeable.

In most cases the product key on the case of the computer is the right one to use.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Hey
I have no Idea about this but my Product Key isn't valid for some reason!How can I change my Product Key?
Regards Boo-Yeah

View Post

Sorry, but you have already had ONE THREAD closed for using a pirated version of XP..

Because of that, your support here ends now!!

Buy a new license from Microsoft and they will activate your XP version for you.. Then you will be able to get the updates!!

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 16 July 2005 - 09:05 PM.

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
:tazz: Thanks for the Information, I didn't know I had a PIRATED COPY!!Tomorrow morning I'll go and buy a new Operating System.
Thank you very much for warning me I had no Idea!
THank you!!

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You can make Windows tell you its product key. Perhaps you made a typo when you entered it during the validation process? Also, you can download updates from the catalog if you know what you need. If your copy of XP isn't legit, sorry, but my support ends.

Johanna