Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio Notebook Utilities download

• Please log in to reply

Goodsport

Goodsport

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Hi, first question posted!

Does anyone know where to download the utilities (general notebook setup, iTouch pointing device, DVD player software etc.) for a Vaio PCG-GRT816M?

I live in Spain, and have the Spanish XP Home Recovery disc, but you can't re-install English over Spanish, nor does it seem possible to extract the utilities from it to use with the (English) XP Professional I have now installed successfully. Sony, who were not very helpful at all, have a US website where these downloads are availaible, but - guess what - my model is not sold there. Sony UK and España's sites only offer updates for drivers and such, which is no good if you don't have the program to go with it!

I'd be happy with any solution or pointers - also glad to return the favour when I can! Thanks.

Bart

Advertisements