Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer and other Hardware - Keyboard

• Please log in to reply

yauco

yauco

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I know that the buttons tab on the keyboard properties was there because I used it several weeks ago. I'm trying to change the keyboard internet key to access a different web page. I have IE 6.0, XP Home, HP. I downloaded the newest keyboard driver from HP and followed HP's instructions. Using add/remove programs I uninstalled 'Multimedia keyboard', restarted the computer and installed the new update. After I again restarted the computer, I tried accessing the keyboard properties, and the buttons tab is still missing. I even tried using run 'control.exe main.cpl,keyboard,3' with no help. I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver, and after I uninstalled the 'multimedia keyboard' I tried it again.
Also, is it safe to remove 'backweb' entries from the registry? There are a lot of them.

Thanks

Edited by yauco, 17 July 2005 - 07:10 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what keyboard do you have?

backweb... yes you should be able to uninstall it from add/remove programs. you can also use spybot and ad-aware to make sure its fully removed.

starjax