Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Raptor SATA Tweeking?

• Please log in to reply

Thermalfreak

Thermalfreak

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: Hi all,
I just wanted to run this buy some folks to see if there is an optimum setup for using a single SATA HD in my system while still utilizing my WD 200GB HD for storage etc..
I believe my computer set-up will show up when I submit this thread. My plan is to go over to a double HD RAID sys. at a later date. For now, I would like to utilize as much speed from my new boot drive (Western Digital 74GB Raptor 10,000 HD) as possible. Are there any additional bios/CMOS settings to tweek in the ABIT setup for AV8-3RD EYE RIG? Thanks

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Not that I know of. You are on target using it for your boot drive, but to realize the potential of the Raptors you should really run RAID 0.

Thermalfreak

Thermalfreak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
;) Yup, thanks. So the present out of the box speed of the hard drive is as good as it gets for now. Just the 10,000RPM compaired to the 7200RPM etc.. Thats what I figured. The RAID w/another HD is where the magic begins ;) . Other than that the system works great the way it is. Games rip and the rest is gravy.