Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What browser to use

• Please log in to reply

CVH

CVH

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok I had been using netscape 7.0 and for dumb reason I decided to try 8.0. I had it mirrored like mozilla, it gives you the option of this or explorer, but my security programs hated it, zone alarm ad-aware-spybot and avg. Actualy it was spydoctor who hated it which I have since ditched in favor of spybot. I hate explorer. What is the best browser to use?

Advertisements

jackson1208

jackson1208

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I recommended using Mozilla Firefox, it's the best there is. This optional default browser can surf in speeds beyond your expectations. Also, you can't go wrong with Internet Explorer, but I don't find it as secure as Firefox is. Put me down for Mozilla CVH.

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
isnt netscape slow like a snail when its loading? thats what i remember when i used it @@... MF is the best :tazz:

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Mozilla Firefox is what I use, and it is really incredibly wonderful. Definitely recommended. ^^

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Firefox! It's whole lot safer/better/faster than IE or anything else. (Opera is good too, but Firefox is the best)
There's HUGE selection of themes/extensions available for Firefox,
also it's being updated all the time. There might even come Firefox 1.0.6 next week. (Take a look at the updates forum)
IE hasn't been updated for looong time now. I use it only for Windows Updates. If I ever have a need for online virus scan (I don't think I will) I'll just use Java based scan then which works on FF ;)

- Rawe :tazz:

CVH

CVH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok I got firefox. Seems to be fine. When I search something from google lets say dog and the go back and type in D it shows all my D searches. How do I shut this off?

jackson1208

jackson1208

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
CVH, you can shut off the save info that you enter when you search. First, to do this, click on Tools in the upper left corner, and select options. In the option screen, select privacy on the buttons panel on the left. Then, you can see Saved Form Information, click on that, and uncheck the box that enables it to save info. All you have to do is click "ok" on the options screen, and you're done!