Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

creating multiple partitions in 2k pro

• Please log in to reply

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hello
I have been encountered a problem when i try to create multiple partitions when i reinstall 2k pro. The problem is that i cant choose types of partitions like FAT32 when i create the additional partitions. Any ideas how to select the types?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Download software from the maker of the hard drive. It will let you make partitions of your choosing.

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I have the tool in my OS cd. I can create partitions, but it shows UNKNOWN type. So it wont allow to continue the installation. What's the software you are talking about?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

I have the tool in my OS cd. I can create partitions, but it shows UNKNOWN type. So it wont allow to continue the installation. What's the software you are talking about?

View Post

What types of partitions are you talking about? iF your trying to make windows type partitions, fat16, fat32 or ntfs, download the software for windows. If you are formatting for Linux, most Linux installations will reformat the partition to their liking.

Do you have a used disk, and are to trying to repartition and format it for another use? And what brand of disk do you have? And what kind of tool do you have in your OS? We need to have some idea of what you have and are trying to do before we can do much good.

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I am using a HP disk. Theres a tool in there to create partitions. You can create primary/secondary partitions. Since my hard drive is only 20G, i want to create two partitions. First i create the primary partition with 10G, the type is FAT32. no problem with that. However, when i create the secondary partition, the type is UNKNOWN. So it wont allow me to continue the installtion.