Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting to MP3

• Please log in to reply

CVH

CVH

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok I have 25MB worth of music in my real player, all in ACC original format that I am very sensitive about. I have saved them to a second hard drive. I would like to now free up some space by converting them to MP3. What is the best music program out there since I am not set on Real Player and how do I convert them to MP3. I did not like I tunes and I have nero which has a music program on it I have not tried. I ma not sure if it will conver them to MP3

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Did you pay for this music through Rahpsody. Because then it would be illegal to convert it because you would be stripping it of its DRM protection. Also, why did you post this in the gaming forum?

CVH

CVH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Guess i am in the wrong forum and no these are all my personal cd's, which took forever to get into the computer, that i would like in MP3 so I can play in my MP3 player.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I like winamp or just plain media player. Dont know if they can change from acc, why did you put it in that in the first place twas a bit daft. mind you i have like 5 gigs of my music in atrac 3 plus, great format just no support for it outside of sonicstage.

UndeadInsanity

UndeadInsanity

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hey there warriorscot!

You can purchase MP3 Converter for only $19.95. It comes with many features, including ACC->MP3 conversion.

CVH

CVH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I wasnt daft and put them in this format. When you put an original CD in the computer this is the format it is in. Are there no free programs to convert them to MP3?