Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rdsndin.exe

• Please log in to reply

psv123456

psv123456

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

I've had a whole week worth of Virus/Spyware/Adware/Trojan fighting. Only one problem left on my WIN98 machine.

My AVG tells me that I've got a Torjan Horse called Clicker.FR and that it's about the file c:\windows\system\rdsndin.exe But it doesn't exist. ( it's not hidden).

I can't find it but AVG does find it and keeps warning me.

Does anyone know what creates this file?

When I start IE 6 and start Google it will find a whole page of results the same as on another PC which hasn't been infected. But when you go to one of the results you either end up on a search.starware.... website instead of what you wanted or at freedictionary.com or something like that. So it looks like something is redirecting me.

Also my sygate firewall warns me that my system might be at risk. But I'm not sure if I can trust thos messages.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks for all your help

Edited by psv123456, 18 July 2005 - 02:11 PM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G;

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Murray

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I hope by now you've made it over to the Malware forum and gone through their routines.