Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty problem with answer now

• Please log in to reply

CoD masta

CoD masta

• Pip
  • 9 posts

i know this has been done before but it didn't solve my problem as the thread ended but when i load call of duty i get this:

C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\pak0.pk3 (12816 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1/main
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\localized_english_pak5.pk3 (46 files)
    localized assets pak file for english
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\localized_english_pak3.pk3 (7 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\CALLOF~1\main\localized_english_pak2.pk3 (9 files)

File Handles:
----------------------
23552 files in pk3 files
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Couldn't load default.cfg.  Make sure Call of Duty is run from the correct folder.

Ive tried uninstalling deleting folder n reinstalling but it wont work and people have said about something to do with it bieng unable to find the /main folder but not said HOW to find the /main folder i really need help i have the latest patch but please i know alot of you out there know call of duty so help would be much appreciated

View Post

Advertisements

CoD masta

CoD masta

• Pip
  • 9 posts

ss32.dll is a module for the Miles Sound System Library used by WinAmp and other multimedia applications for audio playback and sound effects.

you can download the file here:  http://www.dll-files...les.shtml?mss32
save it to the c:\windows or the c:\windows\system32 folders.

then you will need to register the dll by going to  Start > Run and type in "regsvr32 mss32.dll" without the quotes.  you may need to specify the entire path (c:\windows\mss32.dll) to get it to work. 

also if you can look on the install cd you may find that file listed there.  It would be best to use that file

View Post

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey all, i recently installed a router but i am still running my broadbrand direct through one of the ports in the back of the router. I also installed a new graphics card - nVIDIA G-Force 5500 FX,before i installed the latter my Call of Duty was working fine but after wards it takes along time to start up (where you see the Loading Call of Duty sign), i cant search for servers in game (it pauses for a while then says waiting response from master server), and it says Awaiting connection 1,2 and 3 sometimes four and spends along time on that loading scree. Any ideas. Thnaks for your help

Regards from the [RoOF] Team. Always Aiming Higher

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
update the firmware on your router and make sure your pc is listed in the dmz

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Im just asking because i dont knoe much bout routers but, i am not using the internet wirelesly i am just connecting my bb to my router and then another cable runs from my router in to my pc, will i still have take your advice?

parasitu

parasitu

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a problem whit "call of duty" ,everytime I ran he show me this mesaje :

"It appears tha Call Of Duty did not quit properly the last time it ran.Do you what to run the game in safe mode?
This is recommended for the most people.It wiil change your system settings but not your controls"

And don't meter if I click "yes" or "no" the game is starting but when it's start to begin he show me another error,and in this error he said:

"Runtime Error

Program:E:/Jocuri/call of duty/CODSP.exe

abnormal program termination."

What can I do?pls help me

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
i suggest a re-install

parasitu

parasitu

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I have a problem whit "call of duty" ,everytime I ran he show me this mesaje :

"It appears tha Call Of Duty did not quit properly the last time it ran.Do you what to run the game in safe mode?
    This is recommended for the most people.It wiil change your system settings but not your controls"

And don't meter if I click "yes" or "no" the game is starting but when it's start to begin he show me another error,and in this error he said:

"Runtime Error

Program:E:/Jocuri/call of duty/CODSP.exe

abnormal program termination."

What can I do?pls help me

View Post

I reinstal hem 4 times and everytime he show me this stupid error.what can I do ,pls help me to play this game becaus I heart tha it's a super game,and I like this kaind of cames,like "Madel Of Honner" or "Call Of Duty",pls help me ,I implor you.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well its such a generic error that it is hard to troubleshoot. I think the problem may be outside of the game. Are you able to get to the options menu when you launch the game or does it crash before that?

I would run a full checkdisk of your hard drive. I would update your video drivers and then run a defrag and see if that helps.

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Starjax could you please respond to my question above?

Advertisements

parasitu

parasitu

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I reinstal hem 4 times and everytime he show me this stupid error.what can I do ,pls help me to play this game becaus I heart tha it's a super game,and I like this kaind of cames,like "Madel Of Honner" or "Call Of Duty",pls help me ,I implor you.

View Post

The game crash before that I can sea the option menu,,he swho me some images on the game,and the he swho me this error that I don't know how to beat her.And you said tha the problem can come of me video driver,so what video driver can help me?I have nvidia driver,but can I instal anothe video drivers.My videa plaque it's FX Gefors 4,what's your oppinion about me video driver,what driver it;s the best for the game?and of cours to suport me base and video plaque,pls help so I can beat this supit error.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes the dmz has nothing to do with wireless. its just a way of placing the pc in question in a less restricted position. also the routers normally ship with the original firmware. For example when I bought my new wrt54g linksys router the firmware was only 1.1. The firmware is now at 4.1. made a huge difference in how thinger performed.

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
ok, my router is an Ovislink AirLive WL-5424AR and i looked on their site and they dont have the firmware for it ??? here is the link http://www.ovislink....tw/download.htm

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what model is your router?

DreadZone

DreadZone

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hiya
[RoOF]UberDaz. i have the Ovoslink WR54=ADSL router. Be very careful when upgrading the firmware. Ive just killed mine up after upgrading the firmware. MY problem lay with the port forwarding settings. try http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm for the settings for Ovislink.
regards
Dreadzone