Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

omega catalyst 3.1 driver, anyone help me find?

• Please log in to reply

tkattack

tkattack

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
well i read alot about the radeon 9600 and they said it works best with an omega catalys 3.1 driver, if anyone could help me find this it would be ncie, i tried omegas site and i get the missing url when i try to dl. All help would be appreciated

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Dont bother...those drivers are very old.

Goto ATIs website and get the 5.7s :tazz:

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
The omgega drivers are very good, but I would suggest using the newest release(Catalyst 5.71). Go to their website http://www.omegadrivers.net/ click Radeon. Then click Win 2k/Xp. After that select a mirror to download the drvers from. Then uninstall your current drivers, reboot, then install the OMEGA drivers.

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 21 July 2005 - 02:07 PM.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
If you use the Omega Drivers just becareful un-installing them .They can really screw your system up. :tazz:

csu266

csu266

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Just from my experience, the 9600pro will crash and reboot your comp randomly especially when playing games. I have had this happen to me tons of times. So what did I do? I went with the catalyst 3.9 drivers, now its stable and I can do anything without a problem. I am assuming this is why you want these older drivers as well.
So to get them, this is where you go:
www.ati.com
Click on drivers & Software
On left hand side, click on Drivers software
Click on Windows XP
Click on Radeon
Click on Previous drivers and software
Goto page 2
Click on Radeon previous windows XP drivers and and software versions prior to catalyst 5.1
This will bring up a table, left hand side of table gives you Display Driver Version, Scroll down to Catalyst 3.9
Now this will give you the drivers, on the right hand side of table, the first line says you need to download the seperate control panel for your display properties and gives you the link to download it.

Make sure you have completely uninstalled your previous drivers, reboot, download these and install them, reboot and hopefully its fixed. Atleast it was for me.
Good luck

tkattack

tkattack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks man:) Yea thats why I was wanting the old ones, but I couldnt find them. Works great now.