Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No more Threads?

• Please log in to reply

umpireone

umpireone

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Let me just show my ignorance and ask just what are "Threads"? Do I need to create more threads? Lastly, how do I get rid of this nagging error message?

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Threads are lightweight processes which are part of a main process, they help to increase parallelism on a PC.
e.g.: While ur typing in MS WORD, there is a thread handling typing and another running simultanously checking ur spelling.
Since, Spellchecker is a thread it saves memory of creating another standalone process and also helps it to run in parallel with the rest of MS WORD.

Back to the problem,
What application does this error occur for?

umpireone

umpireone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry for the lack of information. The "Cannot create any more Threads" error message occurs at no particular time other than it routinely appears at Startup. It then pops up during the course of normal operations-not necessarily while using any particular program.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Can u post an HJT log, when the error window appears.

umpireone

umpireone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Will do.

umpireone

umpireone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey Darth

This is the HJT log at the time then error message appeared-Startup. I realize it probably looks pretty bad to a trained eye, but fortunately, I don't have a clue as to what most of this stuff really does. Bottom line, the computer still works pretty good. I have run all of the Adaware, Spybot, and a host of other programs to rid myself of various problems. I am using Norton-forced on me by the guys that actually have to pay for the software. However, Norton has decided to turn some of it's functions off. But I am dealing with that. Let me stick wiht the problem at hand-Threads. Check the log and let me know if there is any hope. I have a second computer networked off of this one-no problems at all.

Attached File  hijackthis072005.txt   8.38KB   138 downloads

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I analyzed ur log and found a malware infection.
Go to the Malware Removal Forum.
If the problem still persists after the malware removal, you can come back and continue this thread.