Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot Problem on AG8

• Please log in to reply

Diabloslayer

Diabloslayer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I believe this to be a problem with the Bios, but I am not sure, and if it is....I dont know how to fix this....here is what it does....When I set my Bios to Fail-Safe Settings, It will start up, then read everything, but then it takes me to a screen where it says a bunch of stuff about no being able to boot right....And it asks me if I want to boot normally or in Safe Mode....If I click either it just restarts and does the same thing over and over....This also happens when I set my Bios to Optimal settings....Ive tried many things but nothing helps....what is wrong???? :tazz:

Advertisements

Diabloslayer

Diabloslayer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
doesnt any1 know whats going on?????

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Probably not a bios issue but go into bios then load optimal settings and set your boot order to Floppy first, cdrom 2nd and hdd 3rd if it is not already in this order.

Then but in your XP cd, save and exit bios. Your computer should then boot from the XP cd. Do a repair install of XP.

Here is instructions to do a repair install of XP that won't lose any of your data.

Rick