Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BitTorrent

• Please log in to reply

darkmetal505

darkmetal505

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey i dont know if anyone else uses the program bittorrent, but here is my problem. To get the max download speeds, i need to foward some ports through my firewall so others can connect to me. I have the windows firewall and i figured how to foward the ports through there, but my internet is connected through my Belkin wireless router and I have a Belkin USB adapter on my laptop. This network probably has a firewall in itself and i need to know how i can port forward through this.

Thanks

Edited by darkmetal505, 20 July 2005 - 10:26 AM.

Advertisements

darkmetal505

darkmetal505

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Posted Image

heres what the belkin setup looks like

i want to enable ports 6881-6889 for BitTorrent so i put that in the inbound port and private port areas, but im not sure what i need to put in the private IP address

Edited by darkmetal505, 20 July 2005 - 11:05 AM.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to go into Network Connections, Local Area Network in XP and assign an IP, instead of using automatic detect. The IP has to fit the allowed range of the router. And don't forget to port forward your Windows firewall for the applications you're using, especially javaw.exe.