Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD ROM and DVD burner not recognized

• Please log in to reply

openairwave

openairwave

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have just realized that my computer is not recognizing my cd rom or my dvd burner anymore. i can open both of the drives but my computer will not recognize either of them. please help me.

Advertisements

openairwave

openairwave

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
never mind. i fixed the problem.

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Could you please post how you solved the problem, so that if someone else has the same issue they know how to fix it. Thanks.

--Chris

kazi4u2nv03

kazi4u2nv03

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
YEs PLZ.. I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU ....PLZ TELL ME HOW U RESOLVED UR PROBLEM.....plzzzzz

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
kazi4u2nv03,

Try This

Rick

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Thats a very helpfull little patch Doby, thanks! Do you know of any program/patch/method that would remove a virtual cd drive from your computer from say, a botched installation of Virtual Drive 9.0? I dont want to merely hide it from being displayed in 'My Computer', but I want to completely remove it from my system. I have tried uninstalling Virtual Drive, and re-installing it, neither of those methods worked, and I have even gone into the device manager and uninstalled it from there. The latter method seemed to work, however upon rebooting, the virtual drive was there yet again.

--Chris

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hey Chris,

I don't know of any off hand but will look into it but I won't be able to get back to you till early next week I will be away.

Rick

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Thanks, and dont worry about loking into that anymore, I believe I've fixed the problem, I simply got a nother copy of Virtual Drive 9.0 and then installed that and since then the virtual drive has worked. I also uninstalled it just to make sure that the virtual drive would be removed and it was, so cheers, and hope you have fun wherever your going!

--Chris