Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I safely remove factory installed junk?

• Please log in to reply

patzzzwv

patzzzwv

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Can I safely remove all of these unwanted games that were factory installed on my new computer? Friends told me to leave them alone, that it would mess up my computer to bother them. But it seems like such a waste of space, there is at least 20 games, freecell, hearts, battlesomething, etc. Can i remove them from add/remove programs or should I leave them alone? Thank you for the help and your wonderful site. patzzzwv

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You can remove anything, program wise, you want.. Any Windows games can be un-installed using the Windows Setup option in Add/Remove Programs..

The others can be removed either through Add/Remove Programs or using their own un-installer..

Murray

patzzzwv

patzzzwv

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks, but I am not sure what you mean by Windows Setup in add/remove programs? Is that separate from just add remove? Sorry, just a novice. o) patzzzwv

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs.. If you look on the left side of that screen, you should see the "Windows Setup" option.. Open that.. from there you can add or subtract whatever Windows options/programs you want or are available..

Murray