Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NHKSRV.EXE find

• Please log in to reply

imneal

imneal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
To any that can help,
Every time that I start my computer, the "Found New Hardware" bubble pops ups explaining that it has found my "Dell Enhanced PS2 Queit Touch Keyboard". It then begins to automatically search for a driver and comes up with a "File Needed" box proclaiming that it can't find "Netropa Softaware, Nhksrv.exe". It then asks me to browse for the file myself. Seeing that the keyboard is found yet uninstalable everytime I start the computer, my start up slows significantly.

The problem is that I don't have a Dell Keyboard anymore. This started happening when I changed my keyboard to a LEXON MK-1001 Korean keyboard. The keyboard works great without a Nhksrv.exe.

To get rid of the problem I have tried to reinstall Dell keyboard drivers, or updating the drivers. The keyboard shows up in my system properties as "Unknown" and working properly.

Is there anyway I can stop my computer for looking for the Del Enhanced Keyboard at startup?

---- As a side note, I was looking for nhksrv.exe on google and this site came up with the Hijack This stuff. I haven't been online for a year, so it is very refreshing to see such a helpful website. I went through all the stuff that was recomended to do before posting a Hijack This log, so if you need any of that info, please let me know.

Thanks!

Neal

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Your problem is probably because there is a startup entry somewhere calling for the keyboard software to load.

Start by uninstalling the Dell keyboard drivers in Add/Remove programs
Then delete the Dell keyboard in Device manager... Do not restart your computer yet!

Go to Start/Run... type in msconfig
In the System Configuration Utility window, go to the last tab "Startup"
Look for any reference to the Dell keyboard software... Nhksrv.exe, etc. and uncheck the entries.

Restart your computer.

makai