Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hibernation mode

• Please log in to reply

jgodick

jgodick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am at wits end. I have tried everything I know. Our OS is Windows Me. We leave our computer on & it goes into hibernation mode for the night. The kids were playing the Sims game & then left it running while the computer went into hibernation mode for the night. In the morning, everthing is running except the monitor is black, keyboard & mouse non functional. The only way to turn off the computer is to pull the plug. There is no way (that I know of) to reboot the machine & turn off the hibernation mode. The computer is basically asleep and I don't know how to wake it up! Does anyone know how to shut off the hibernation mode? You have no monitor, keyboard or mouse available to work with. The reset button won't even work. :tazz:

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
you sure your monitor has not died can you borrow one and plug it in.
Hate to ask the obivious but did the kids turn off the monitor.
to turn of a computer press and hold the on button for about 5-7 sec

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Start the computer in Safe mode by repeatedly hitting the F8 key during bootup... before the windows splash screen (which you don't have, but I had to say anyways!)

Once in Safe mode, open your control panel, open Power Options (I don't have ME so I'm guessing this may be what it's called), and disable Hibernation.

makai

jgodick

jgodick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried that once but just once. I will try it again to see if i can get anything on the screen to pop up. Thanks.