Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geforce 2 and geforce 4

• Please log in to reply

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Yeah so my friend has a geforce 2 something and he is able to run Counter Strike Source and my other computer has a geforce 4 mx 440 but every time I try to start CS: Source it says it needs at least DirectX version 7 what is going on?? any ideas??

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
From what I'm getting from your post is you don't have the lastes version of DirectX installed on your system you can down load the latest version from here
directX 9
:tazz:

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Just cuz his card is an older series does not mean its worse. The Mx440 is the low end of the geforce 4 series with the ti4800 being the highend

Chumara

Chumara

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
tazz I do have Dx9c installed thats what I thought at first though and molex i'll check to see what series the geforce 2 is, thanks for your help

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its a problem with the latest steam update as far as i know. You might try earlier driver for the card but im pretty sure its the update for the game.