Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpywareBlaster vs SpywareGuard

• Please log in to reply

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I already have SpywareGuard and it seems to be doing fine. I was just wondering if I should use both SpywareBlaster and SpyGuard or just stick with using SpywareGuard by itself.

Edited by RoxieVelma, 21 July 2005 - 12:41 PM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
They do different things.

SpywareBlaster is resident protection. It puts a list of bad sites in Internet Explorer's blocked sites list so that you are not able to download activex componenets from those sites.

SpywareGuard is an active protection. It watches your computer in certain places and any time a change is made there, it either blocks it or asks you if its ok.

They are completely different and you would be better off running both.

ScHwErV :tazz:

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks, going to DL Spyware Blaster now. :tazz:

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

SpywareBlaster vs SpywareGuard, Which is better?

FireFox :tazz:

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I've never used SpywareGuard before, mainly because reviews I've read of it on the 'Net gush about it - but nag on the one little fact that the software hasn't been updated for ages. For that reason alone I'm quite put off by the idea of downloading SpywareGuard because seriously, awesome as it may be, I just don't feel completely comfortable knowing that I'm using some program that hasn't seen an update in goodness knows how long.

I do however, use SpywareBlaster and it is really quite fabulous. It also offers real-time protection, but on a separate level - that is, it is protecting your PC, but it doesn't leave an icon on your taskbar, so basically you get that extra bit of security without having all those teeny icons cluttering up your desktop. Pretty good deal, if you ask me. Plus - it is free, fast, and takes up almost no resources at all. Nothing much else can beat that. :tazz:

The_KiD

The_KiD

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Have to agree SpywareBlaster does the trick for me :tazz:

Here's what I use and it keeps my machine bug free:

FireFox
Spybot S&D with TeaTimer
Adaware SE for scans
MS Anti Spyware with resident.
AVG Free for Anti Virus

Rawe