Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

newdotnet

• Please log in to reply

pyro4444

pyro4444

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok well my anti virus deleted the notdotnet.dll and messed up my internet so i cnat get on. Right now im on my laptop. so what i was thinking is that i would install it and uninstall it and that might take care of it. the only problem is that i cant find a install file. so if someone could help me with this problem it would be great.

PYRO

Advertisements

SwampGator

SwampGator

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Maybe this will helpnewdotnet

pyro4444

pyro4444

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i tryed everything there but i got the files deleted by my anti virus so the uninstall wont work

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
*edited by an Administrator.

LSP fix does NOT work with NewDotNet. It has to be uninstalled in Safe Mode for the lsp problems associated with it to go away.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

SwampGator: Only trained Malware Removal Techs are allowed to give advice on malware removal here.. If you wish to join GeeksU and earn that ability, please Click Here They could use all the help they can get !!

Murray

SwampGator

SwampGator

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello! Please do not follow any advice given by someone who is not a member of the GeeksToGo Staff. If you have already followed their advice, please post a fresh HJT log here in a reply, and we will continue on!

Hello SwampGator! While we appreciate the fact that you want to help out, we do not allow non-Staff Members to post help on the boards. There are too many things that could go wrong, and too many Malwares that can make themselves look "legitimate". Many times, there are special tools and fixes that need to be used, and our Staff Members are trained to recognize and clean these infections.

If you are interested in training to become a Staff Member, please post Here

Thank you for your cooperation!

Kat

Edited by ~Kat~, 21 July 2005 - 01:58 PM.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
After u download lspfix, follow Murray S's advise and post a HJT log in the Malware Forum to make sure you are fully clean.

SwampGator

SwampGator

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

SwampGator:  Only trained Malware Removal Techs are allowed to give advice on malware removal here..  If you wish to join GeeksU and earn that ability, please Click Here They could use all the help they can get !!

Murray

View Post

Sorry Murray. I'm a sys admin and was just doing what comes naturally. :tazz:

pyro4444

pyro4444

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

*edited by an Administrator.

LSP fix does NOT work with NewDotNet. It has to be uninstalled in Safe Mode for the lsp problems associated with it to go away.

View Post

ok that fixed it, many thanks! :tazz: