Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spywatcher.exe

• Please log in to reply

Dalek

Dalek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just downloaded Winpatrol and in the services section it is showing the following entry

Title__________________Command__________Status______________Startup

Antispydetector________spywatcher.exe_________________________Automatic

I am using WinXP SP2 Home, I have Adaware SE, Spybot S & D, Spywareblaster, Spywareguard, my Antivirus/Firewall/Antispyware suite is Trend Micro Internet 2005. I also have and use at times System Mechanic Pro 5 which also has a antispyware option, and I use CCLeaner on occassion. (not too paranoid!! ;) )(grew up in the 70's Bogart) :tazz:

I am pretty sure as well that earlier I had removed this with a HJT scan and that recently playing around with the HJT logs probably restored this line, just messing around, not really understanding what it does or doesn't do, I am sure it would appear in the logs again, but I don't really want to post one, so if someone can give me the go ahead and get rid of it because I don't need it, I'll have Scotty chew it up, oh yeah when I checked for info from the Winpatrol options it came up blank on this one, where as most others say Intel or MS, so probably rule of thumb if there is no info, it's a good bet it doesn't belong??

Edited by Dalek, 21 July 2005 - 04:21 PM.

Advertisements