Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Diskminder

• Please log in to reply

michaela

michaela

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Why does my diskminder program run everytime after win98 loads? It asks me which drive to scan. Then restarts again to the same sequence.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Well nobody seems to be helping you on this so I'll try. I don't know anything about Diskminder, per se, but maybe I can do some good. Does the Diskminder have anything like Options, or Tools in the menu bar? If you open it you may be able to change the settings. Also, look in your system tray, right bottom of screen. Does it show up there? How about in the Start menu in the left bottom, does it come up there? You can remove them from those locations. The Start menu item will be removed permanently, but the tray item only for the session. You can go to Start>Programs>Startup and make changes there.

If that doesn't help you may need to make changes in the Registry but that needs to be done carefully if you hope to use the program.

michaela

michaela

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Diskminder is hard disk scan program from nuts and Bolts. Whenever I restart windows, after everything loads, the close music sounds and diskminder starts automatically. There are no settings or any other reference to it. It only asks which drive to scan. Perhaps I should remove any programs realted to Nuts and Bolts which is on CD. What do you think? I can only operate in safe mode.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you open nuts and bolts, is there anything for programme options, if so look for run diskminder at start up.

If you click start then run then type msconfig, press enter then start up, do you see diskminder or nuts and bolts in the list, if so remove the tick and reboot, then tick do not show config utility.

Edited by Keith, 22 July 2005 - 08:28 PM.