Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VPN Router to Router Connected

• Please log in to reply

spiceractive

spiceractive

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

hopefully someone can shed some light on this dilemma I am having. First off I have successfully set this up for another employee at my work with the same router, and have successfully mapped to the server drives.

But for some reason on my home computer, I cannot, I am connect through a VPN Router to Router connection, which states it is successfully connected, which is great, but when I go to map the drives I need to network to, it does not find the network path.

Is there something that I may not have configured properly on my end? I have all the permissions correct on the server side.

Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
sounds like browsing over vpn issue. this page may help,

computer browser over vpnComputer browsing over VPN involves routers, multiple segments and ... Alternatively, it is possible to browse over VPN by using LMHOSTS files on all VPN ...
http://www.howtonetw...ingovervpn0.htm

spiceractive

spiceractive

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running a router to router connection, using a Linksys BEFSX41 for my home router, and a BEFVP41 as the server router.

The routers state they are connected. No problems there.

Just keep getting denied on the mapping of the drives. I am operating on a clean boot of xp pro, which is what was done with the other employee that I helped set this up for, hers worked perfectly from the first time we mapped the drives.

I am totally lost here.

I went to the chicagotech site (thank you by the way) pinged the server and received the packets back with no problems.

Even had my ISP remove NAT, and bridge my modem, but still nothing.

I have also tried disabling my firewalls, and still no luck.

Help! and thanks.

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
but can you the remote computer by name? if yes, what do you get using net view \\remotehostname? post back with the error may help.