Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer crashed wont boot

• Please log in to reply

kennydiesalot

kennydiesalot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
today while playing bf2 the screen froze and this awful sound was coming out of my speakers. So I rebooted nothing. no post no beeps (i dont have beeps) nothing. so I did the following things in order because some one may ask me if I did this.
1.unplugged computer-move it over and hooked it up to my kids monitor--nothing
2.hooked my kids montior back up to their computer it worked.
3.plugged my montior into the kids computer --it worked
4.change video cards i put a ati 9800 pro that was working yesterday into my computer--booted it up --nothing
5. change the ram with new xms the i bought last week---nothing, no boot no post no bios.
6.change motherboards with another asus p4c800-e that had never been used only hooked up the video card and the hardrives-fans of course.
7. i clean the cpu and recoated it with artic sliver.
8. rebooted nothing
really the only hardware i havent replaced or wasnt new was the cpu. any way its late i cant spell and I'm going to clean up this room computer parts are every where. by the way that new video card is sweet. thanks

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Sounds like your cpu might have overheated OR your PSU gave out. Are there any burn marks, or melted parts of the cpu? I'm assuming there is power to the computer right? All of the fans are spinning, and the cd trays can open and close? If there isn't nay power, you might want to try using a different PSU, maybe switching out the one from your kids computer temporarily so you dont have to go out and buy a new one.

--Chris

Edited by cheathawk1, 21 July 2005 - 10:37 PM.