Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a new game for new lappy

• Please log in to reply

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I just ordered my new lappy on 7/21 and it will be here probably next week or sometime around there. I have like a 3 week break between work and college so i was wondering what games would be good to fill up my time. I would perfer RPG or MMORPG or adventure.

Oh and my new lappy is the Dell XPS Gen 2 Pentium M 2.13 Geforce 6800 Ultra Go and 2GB of RAM (thanks newegg) so it is a tank.

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Wow, thats a beastly laptop. I myself have the Dell 9300 which comes only second to the XPS Gen 2. If your looking for a MMORPG try GuildWars or World Of Warcraft. They are fairly new and have beutiful graphics. If your looking for a fun Action-Adventure game, I would suggest Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Im assuming that you are over 18 considering you go to college). One thing I recommend you do with your Dell XPS Gen 2 is disable the high amount of power going to the geforce go 6800 when its not plugged into a outlet. This will really help save battery life. To do this go to the nView Panel and select Power Consumption. If your unsure how to get to nView just ask me, but I don't really have the time to explain now.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Thanks for the advice. I was looking at getting WoW and just playing the 30 trial period and maybe start buying the time cards but I already have Guild Wars and it is nice but I wanted something differnent like WoW. Have you heard anything about the new game Advent Rising that is coming out for the PC I have been looking at it and the story sounds great but i heard that it has alot of bugs. Oh and have you downloaded that patch that shows the stuff that everyone is talkin about? Is it all that bad I wouldn't think it would show anything real bad would it?

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
I have not heard very good reviews on Advent Rising. Although, the story may be good because it is written by Orsen Scott Card. and no, I have not installed the "Hot Coffee" mod. Im 15, I play M rated games, but my 10 year old brother, likes to play GTA:SA too and I don't want him seeing anything that will scar him.

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 22 July 2005 - 02:00 PM.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Is it that bad? I would assume that you don't see anything too graphic. I mean it is a game not a XXX movie.

Do you recommend WoW or another MMO but I am probably only going to be playin it for that 3 weeks then i am goin to have school so I might just need a none MMO like probably KoTor 2 or Civ or some other game.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Its not that bad, i saw a movie of it, but its not something you want your parents to see. I can see why a stiff like Hillary Clinton wouldn't like it.

Oh, Rome Total War. Thats a great game. Its a really fun RTS

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
haha maybe she caught Bill getting a little too into the game if you know what i mean :tazz:

Yeah that has gotten good reviews but I kinda like the fantasy kind of games but i do enjoy the civ games so i might have to check this one out. Thanks for the advice.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
You know Civ 4 is coming out soon.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Yeah I am goin to get that and Oblivian for PC i just hope my system will be able to play Oblivian on high.

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
San Andreas is definately a great buy and time waster at the same time. I would say WoW would be a definate buy for MMO fans.

You might want to take a look at a bit of an indie game, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I just got it the other day, and it is a great mix of extremely rich RPG very well blended with bits of FPS. Very dark and graphic though.

Check out the E3 2k4 trailer:
http://gametrailers....page.php?id=999 :tazz:

Advertisements

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Im really not into the dark games. But I think I need to get a non-online rpg or adventure game. Does anyone know of such a game that would occupy my time for a couple of weeks? I was looking at Advent Rising but Im not sure if they got all the bugs out of it yet but im still on positive on the game i just need one soon cause my lappy is coming very soon.

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Advent Rising was VERY buggy on Xbox. I hope they fixed all that though, becuase the game did show promise. However, the glitches made it nearly unplayable.

I would reccommend American McGee's "Alice", based on a more warped version of Alice in Wonderland. The art style is sublime, but it's also dark too...

Have you played the Prince of Persia or Deus Ex series?

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I have played demos for prince of persia but nothing on the pc and no i haven't tried the Deus Ex series either are they good? I think I'll just wait for some better games to come out like fable: the lost chapters and civ 4 and oblivian. But what is the Deus Ex series like?

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Both Deus Ex games were very good. Alot like Knights of the old Republic in the choose your own path and dialogue department, but all in first person. One of the most influential and one of my personal favorite series. Definately worth looking into.

You really should try the first Prince of Persia as well, EXCELLENT game. Although, it might be kind of akward on a PC...

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Has anyone played R.Y.L.: Path of the Emperor? I just read about it and it doesn't seem to be that bad and it is cheap. Does anyone have any suggestions about it?