Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone else have a problem with AOL's Buddy List?

• Please log in to reply

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I didn't know where to put this..

Does anyone else who has AOL have a problem with their buddy list not showing anyone's buddy icons or when they use IM show any wallpaper or icons for you or anyone you IM.?

I tried AOL's LiveHelp but they gave me no help. They told me to fix it in MY Expressions, but my Expressions lists all my icons as a white box and my wallpaper as nothing. My buddies can see all my expressions but the only one's I can see are the smilies. It started about a month ago for no reason I can think of whatsoever.

Edited by RoxieVelma, 22 July 2005 - 12:18 PM.

Advertisements

poppylincoln

poppylincoln

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't have an answer for you, but I'm having the same problem! Are you running a firewall? I'm running Zone Alarm Security Suite 6.0.631.003. I un-installed AOL and re-installed it from scratch, no luck. Funny thing is that the buddy icons are screwed up on only one of my AOL accounts...my two others work fine.

Have you had any luck finding a solution?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Do you have it enabled on your machine under options. I don't have it on this machine, but I believe there is an option for you to enable it on your account.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
This may sound dumb, but where are the options located at? Is in the the control panel?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
maybe, it's preferences on aol. I don't have that machine on that has aol.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
What is AOL? :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts