Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no video,only audio

• Please log in to reply

donr53

donr53

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Please help! Seems that some setting has changed, or file is missing. In both media player & Quicktime I can get the audio from a video clip, but not the video. In safe mode with networking, I can get the video but not audio, just the opposite. No audio in safe mode is , I think, because the audio drivers don't load. I've tried system restore, but every restore that I tried, said it couldn't change anything. I have xp pro, 256 mem, 18g hard drive 1/2 free and a speed of 450. I have ez-trust antivirus, firewall, pest control, and spamkiller. Media player in version 10, and Quicktime is 6.5.2 with itunes. Any help is appreciated. Also can you direct me to some online courses that I could take, that would teach me things like troubleshooting things like this. I have roadrunner thanks in advance donr53 I've looked at all the settings, but wouldn't know if the were right or not.

Advertisements

jakestaby

jakestaby

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Download VLC Media player and tell me if you still have the problem. Just google it, it's free.

donr53

donr53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
jakestaby I downloaded vlc media player and installed it. Haven't been able to figure out how to use it yet. But my problem still exists. Thanks Donr53