Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X-box

• Please log in to reply

desca

desca

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Should i get x-box or wait for x-box 360 or ps3 :tazz:

Edited by desca, 22 July 2005 - 01:00 PM.

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Wait for XBOX-360 its backwards compatible, so it will play all your XBOX games like Halo2.

desca

desca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Do you think i should get 360 or ps3 first?

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Its personal preferance. Its really what franchises you like. On hardware they are about even.Oh, I bet like 50 fanboys are going to post about how "god" there favorite system is...just wait....

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Xbox 360 has more RAW processing Power and the Graphics are Powered By ATI which is a big let down PS3 has Nvidia.. Xbox 360 will be launched this year at november time... i would go for xbox 360 first

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The ati gfx in the 360 stomps on the ps3s nvidia gfx so i would go for a 360 for the simple fact the a games console should have alot of gfx clout.

Vision

Vision

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Its personal preferance.

I agree.
Mainly both systems are great but the Xbox 360 has a lil more power it's some what a "Mini-Computer" they say but it looks like they both have the same graphics mainly because when I was watchin ' :tazz: ' E3 and they showed PS3 and Xbox 360 I really couldnt tell eachother apart other than theydont have the same games out showin there. So go wit any1

Edited by Vision, 23 July 2005 - 12:26 PM.

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I know that i'm going to be the odd one out here and most likely to be flamed but im happy to say that im getting the revolution insult me if you will but yes it is a personal referance and thats the reason i choose the nintendo console because i like the games more sure id like a ps3 or 360 but im happy with just getting revolution even though i've no idea when it's coming out

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
nintendos r orite consoles i jus dont really like the genre of games mostly for young children

id go for the xbox 360.
i think that the ps2 was really weak and brakes really easy but i dont kno if the ps3 will be similiar.

in_texas_dallas

in_texas_dallas

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
just currently, regular XBOX wipes the floor with PS2

XBOX 360 is definitely going to do the same thing with PS3..

just search for a program called Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
reading about that program, even if you aren't into that game, will tell you how superior XBOX 360 is going to be..

Nintendo Revolution Guy> I have a Nintendo Gamecube, enjoy it for certain games, but I got it as a present. Can't say I would have bought one myself. Just not enough games out there for it. Let's see, I play Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles and this LOTR game.. I know there are more games, just not enough to suit my tastes.. If you can find enough games to make you h appy, good for you then

Advertisements

Jiggaman801

Jiggaman801

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
When the Xbox first came out I was one of the diehard PS2 fanboys that took a swing at the XBox every chance I got... (Remember how big that controller used to be?)

Years later I now take back everything I used to say... I bought a used XBox and tricked it out in ways that I wouldn't be able to with my PS2 (unless I wanted to add an external HD)

When the new systems launch I probably won't buy either right now... I'll wait a year for the prices to drop... I'm sure my modded Box will bring me many more months of enjoyment before I feel the need to go and drop 300 bucks on the new system

in_texas_dallas

in_texas_dallas

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Yeah, here's a blog I made on games/consoles ...

http://www.geekstogo...log&blogid=321

would appreciate your comments

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
wot do u mean by modded

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Dude i hate to tell everyone this but the new 360 and PS3 are probably goin to cost alot more than 300 it would probably be more like 5 or 6 as for me to guess. The CEO of Sony told everyone that the system would be expensive and compared to the 200+ price tag the PS2 had when it first came out I would hate to think of a system more expensive. But really don't quote me on this because I have just heard this from other people.

in_texas_dallas

in_texas_dallas

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Yeah, I heard that too, but it was a while ago.. Dunno, really haven't heard anything about the price since then...

I imagine though, especially since around Holiday, they will have the price at like $250-$350 range.. hopefully anyways.. Will at least put it in dreaming range for me.. If it's like 500, I won't even dream of having one for several years..

The game that I am waiting anxiously for on XBOX 360 is Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.. For $500, though I'd just build another computer to be able to play that, if I can't play on current.. Which is likely, I currently only have 1.3GHz AMD.. not very powerful
Mostly though, I need a better Graphcis card... like 256MB of RAM

Anyways, if anybody can find some info or hype on price, please do post it..