Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

brand new SLI system not working, I think

• Please log in to reply

chefcheech

chefcheech

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hi guys, i just recieved my brand new amd 4000+ SLI ready system with 2 6800 gt pcie cards and 1.5 Gs of ram. I also have just bought 2 19 flatscreen monitors.

my questions are as followed:

1. having 2 monitors i was under the impression that i could run SLI mode and still get to use both my monitors, but i cant. is there a reason y or something i havent done yet??

2. i have all the latest drivers for my gfx cards but somtimes my pc tells me that i should get another card so i can use the SLI (like the card isnt there) but other times its fine and lets me switch to SLI mode. i have checked all the cables, wires, and switches but have found nothin out of the ordinary. ( THIS HAS BECOME A REAL PROBLEM SO ANY INFO WOULD BE AWSOME!)

3. this may be just wishful thinking but considering i can use 2 monitors on 1 gfx card, can i use another 2 for my second gfx card for a total of 4 monitors? just wondering......

Advertisements

chefcheech

chefcheech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
bump

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
SLI setups have had lots of problems with dual monitors...(as it doesnt work with SLI)

nVidia said it could fix it with a driver update...but I dont know if thats possible...

I think its a hardware issue and nVidia needs to revise there chipset

chefcheech

chefcheech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I also have both my monitors hooked up to the same card, should that be an issue as well?