Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i deleted ms office and ms word!

• Please log in to reply

anj119

anj119

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
:tazz: don't look now but, the short bus is here....

hi, i have straight up deleted both microsoft office and microsoft word and excel.

no, i could not be any more moronic, thank you for asking. a brief synopsis on how and why (HA!) i needed (i thought) to get rid of some unused programs and free up some space.... i got the old add and remove programs window up in front of me and i straight up removed all three programs going; oh, i dont use these very much and look at how big they are... sheesh... cluttering up my space like that man....

yes, really.

i googled for similar tards without finding any who had made quite so severe an error. of course, being bright enough to have tossed my cookies this way... its entirely likely that i googled my bottom off in true form...... idiotic.

and yes, i searched geeks to go before i posted. so if i am rehashing a subject which has been addressed i will accept a curt redirect to the appropriate thread.
no hitting.

oh, almost forgot, i did immediatley try to use system restore to undo my damage...... it no go. it said it worked but the programs i removed were not replaced.

am i beyond hope?

-anj119 ;)

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

No, just re-install them with your Office cd..

Murray

anj119

anj119

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
murray, thanks for responding to my post.

yes, the office cd.... i do not have such an animal. at least if i do it is not clearly labeled as such.

the deal: toshiba pc, preloaded xp home, ive got the certificate of authenticity and have used the validation tool from ms before to get updates and whatnots.

however, there is a problem which goes something like this (which i am typing directly from the little setup manual thingy here) : 'Because Windows XP was included with the purchase of your new computer, your computer manufacturer provides support for this product.' then follows instructions for reaching the manufacturer.
upon following those instructions , i find my issue addressed quite directly. it goes something like this (which i am relating from memory here) : we do not provide support for software which has been erased or modified by the user.

so...... i am aware of the nasal whining quality of my wording here....please forgive me. i'll try to 'man up'.

you think i should just barge on in there to the manufacturer support people and tell it like it is? 'yes, im a big dumb idiot! ugga bugga! me break puter ting.... you fix! ugga bugga!!' or do you think i should stay put until someone finds time to suggest an alternative? i could go the 'throwing myself on your mercy' route but im really already in it up to my ears here ....

i do have two cds that came with the puter.
one marked 'Recover XP'
it is very mysteriously marked with mainly numbers and consenents in seemingly garbled form. i have tried putting it in the cd drive but could not discern anything remotely intelligible to my expert eyes har har.

the other is pc cillin application update driver cd

what a mess, huh? sorry if i got boogers on your collar... *sniff*

thank you for your polite attention despite your busy schedule.

sincerely,
-anj119

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Did Office come pre-installed?? If so, then whomever you purchased your system from was obligated to provide you with the cd's as well..

Murray

anj119

anj119

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
what i've got here, is a small square index card type thingy. it has two stickers. one on each side. one side says

hey, here is a picture of one side of the card if you want to see it.
http://tinypic.com/99qa3a.jpg

should i make a picture of the writing on the cd? i bet i can....

geek, the girl -l.g.

thanks again,

anj119 :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
What you showed me would the the Key Code for an OEM install of Office.. Where did you get your system from and what is the make and model??

Murray

anj119

anj119

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
you, Murray, are really very good to advise me on this.

and without hitting, even! :tazz:

ummmm... the computer is a (now i might not get all the words in all the right order) oh crap.....

geez, i dont really know how to get these words in the right spots so im just throwin' em all out ok? its a 0801 part no. X08-42684 toshiba pc something or nother lite on combo xp home northgate innovations, inc.

;) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha not funny. :help:

i don really obviously know. my dh brought it home in a huge box sometime last year. the box is still inna basement i will go look see what is says but i remember unpacking it and you know it came with everything in its own box all packed inside the big box. it came with everything.

i will dash off a email to dh (serving in Iraq) tonight but i really dont think he is gonna know.

i can take a picture of the box. or the computer. or scan the user manual. or the cds it came with.

or i can take a flying leap into the nearest body of water, if you'd like. ;)

thanks Murray. fo'sho.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
:tazz: It should say right on the box..

Where did you purchase it from??

Murray

anj119

anj119

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
allright, what ive done here is just taken a couple of pictures of the bussiness end of the box, and if you are still willing to help (despite my delayed response), you can look at them here:

http://tinypic.com/9h48jp.jpg

and then a little closer up:

http://tinypic.com/9h4aao.jpg

dh purchased at staples in the summer of 2003.

thank you again for your polite attention despite your busy schedule.

-anj119

p.s. omg, they are HUGE..... i dinnit mean for them to be so big you have to scroll around to see them... ;) another stellar example of my technical prowess... :tazz:

anj119

anj119

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
hullo again, its me....

i'd of given up on this already too, except for having been ensnared by the one 'word story' beast.
lol!! (^.^)// its good fun!

anyhow, i just wanted to check in and let you know i still do float around in your realm.

thanks, anj119

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
anj.....i don't have a sollution for you (other than either contacting staples about the office cd or purchasing a new one)...i just wanted to let you know that you so far are the best typist i've seen on this forum and i commend you on your grammar and good humor in the face of adversity....it's a pleasure to see someone who knows another language besides "script kiddie" still cruizing the internet