Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

BOTH DRIVES ARE NOW CD DRIVES!

• Please log in to reply

Guest_crapwheresmycrowbar_*

About 5 minutes ago...I was trying to play a DVD on my computer. When I put it in my DVD drive, it just made a few noises but did nothing. I tried to go to Run-->D: but it still didn't open up. It didn't make sense!

I went to "My Computer"

It listed

C: - Local Disk
D: - CD Drive
E: - CD Drive

What the? Minutes beforehand...I had been playing DVD's perfectly...

I went to the D: and E: 's properties. Both said that they were full! Capacity: 0 Bytes...Used: 0 Bytes...but they were both empty!

WOAH! Just now...I took a blank DVD out of my drive which I was planning to burn with. I opened my computer again...the names had changed back to normal but their capacity was still 0 bytes.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

I have a PIONEER DVD RW Drive and a MITSUMI CD Rom drive...

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Reboot. Any changes?

Johanna

Nope...it seems to be reading DVD's as CD's. I'm positive I haven't got my drives mixed up.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Go into Device Mgr and check for errors and look at properties.

Johanna