Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer randomly restarts

• Please log in to reply

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

ok...

ive checked the BIOS temps. the Auto Shutdown Temperature feature is disabled. and the CPU temp starts at about 105 degrees F and slowly escalates. It has detected the RPM of one fan, but i theoretically have 2 fans (one on the motherboard and a new one that i installed inside the power supply). is it supposed to detect that one also? the system temperature remains constant at 100 degrees F.  i have an 800mhz AMD Athlon (piece of garbage....haha). ill go ahead and post the hijackthis logs on that forum and see what they think. thanks again for your help.

View Post

Kewl, should be OK so long as the CPU doesn't exceed approx 160F. The BIOS will only report on stuff connected to the motherboard, so it won't have any information on your power supply fan. We'll follow your progress in the Malware forum.

cya, SD

Advertisements