Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player 7.1

• Please log in to reply

anderson_rose

anderson_rose

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello,
I have been having trouble with windows media player of late - intermittent signal , audio breaking up continually. I uninstalled and reinstalled windows media player 7.1, I uninstalled and reinstalled my virgin radio player ( just in case )... nothing worked. Now today I can't even start my virgin radio player get error message as follows: Vrplayer This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. When I shut it down then pops up: Application Error Exception. EAcessViolation in moldule WMPDXM.DLL at 0001AF9B. Access violation at address 0884AF93 in module WMPDXM.DLL' Read of address FFFFFFFF. The intermittant signal applies to all radio station attempted not just Virgin. I am not sure that the two problems - signal and error message- are linked??? Not sure if you can help but any suggestions would be great... Thanks!!!

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

anderson_rose

anderson_rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

View Post

Hello,
Thank you for replying so quickly. I just got a critical update notice from Windows update. There were 2 updates both concerning Windows Media Player 7.1. I just completed the down loads, restarted the computer and the error messages I mentioned when starting my virgin player disappeared and there is no more intermitant signals. I am listening to my most favourite classic rock station as I type this message. I guess I just need to learn a little more patience!!! Sorry to have wasted your time this morning.... Have a good day and thanks so much again....

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You didn't waste my time. Sometimes working on it yourself is the best way to discover new things about your computer. Good luck and hollar back if you need help. <_<

anderson_rose

anderson_rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

You didn't waste my time. Sometimes working on it yourself is the best way to discover new things about your computer. Good luck and hollar back if you need help. :D

View Post

Thanks <_<