Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't update Nortons 2004 professional

• Please log in to reply

superflygirl

superflygirl

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I have Windows XP (professional I believe) and I have the Nortons 2004 Professional. I can never connect through live-update so I have to download virus definitions through intelligent updater. Once I click the application that's saved on my desktop I get a pop-up : 16 bit Windows Subsystem.....C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "close" to terminate the application. I went into the Symantec site again and a scan of my nortons found 3 problems: Old version of "liveUpdate" utility , virus definitions are not up to date (duh that's what I'm trying to do) , and Nortons 2004 files are not up to date.

I tried to update the files but it's done through liveupdate and that never connects for me. I'm getting all sorts of files downloaded on my computer and virus' and spyware...I could go on and on....

Any ideas on what I should do would be appreciated.

Thanks,
superflygirl <_<

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

About the Norton...Did it come with the machine? If so, those subscriptions are free for just a few months or a year. If you paid for a subscription to the services, that's another matter. Might check that out before we delve into this further. <_<

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I'm not sure but I think I may have posted this twice :D

Wow you're fast <_<

The nortons is a program that I got from a friend and it's been installed now for months. I did the hijackthis scan and this is what was found:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 2:47:53 PM, on 05/11/2004
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALIANT~1\HIGH-S~1\app\pppoeservice.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\CreateCD\CreateCD50.exe
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\jrfhgcan.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\SyncroAd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\WinSync.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALIANT~1\HIGH-S~1\app\EnterNet.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe
C:\WINNT\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\a.bin\mwsoemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\My Documents\My Received Files\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.ukvnpmbvd...ThYi4PsVbw.html
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\a.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {002EB272-2590-4693-B166-FBD5D9B6FEA6} - C:\WINNT\multimpp.dll
O2 - BHO: MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - {00A6FAF1-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\a.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: mwsBar BHO - {07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\a.bin\MWSBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8175DA3C-3749-0C55-ECC4-6941DC056985} - C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\APPLIC~1\CASTTR~1\Size surf.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {83DE62E0-5805-11D8-9B25-00E04C60FAF2} - C:\WINNT\2_0_1browserhelper2.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: My &Web Search - {07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\a.bin\MWSBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CreateCD50] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\CreateCD\CreateCD50.exe" -r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck /autofix /autoclose
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Blubster] C:\Program Files\Blubster\Blubster.exe SILENT
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zktij] C:\WINNT\zktij.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [oonvmzrclunb] C:\WINNT\system32\jrfhgcan.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows SyncroAd] C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\SyncroAd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [burndownloadmeetdata] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\datejugsburndownload\start default.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\a.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mp3 Creative] C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\APPLIC~1\COPYOW~1\Soapeggs.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\a.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpySweeper_BT01] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Bt01.exe" /SpySweeper_BT01
O4 - Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\a.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\a.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsear...?p=ZSXXXXXXXXUS
O8 - Extra context menu item: Blubster Support - file://C:\Program Files\BlubsterSupport\System\Temp\blubstershop_script0.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macr...ector/swdir.cab
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.co...etup1.0.0.8.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yaho...talls/yinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab27571.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupd...37638.960462963
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.s...ta/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macr...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.s.../ActiveData.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab

Thanks for your help
superflygirl

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
If you got the program from a friend and your friend purchased it, chances are you can't update Norton. I'm not sure how Norton does their programs.

What you have is the basic Norton program with all the tools to fight viruses when the program was created. Any new viruses that have been developed since that time have not been downloaded onto your computer. So you may have protection from "old viruses" but not new ones.

You have many things going on with your computer right now, but stay with us and we'll get through it. I see that we started helping you out in October. Did any of that advice pan out? I am going to walk you through the same steps again.

Please run a free online virus scan here (tick the "Auto Clean" checkbox):
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

And a free trojan scan here:
http://www.moosoft.com/

Download Ad-aware from: http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=5

Install the program and launch it.

First, in the main window, look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now and download the latest reference files.

Next, we need to configure Ad-aware for a full scan.

-> Click on the Gear icon (second from the left) to access the preferences/settings window

1. In the General window make sure the following are selected:

* Automatically save log-file
* Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal
* Safe Mode (always request confirmation)

2. Click on the Scanning button on the left and select :

* Scan Within Archives
* Scan Active Processes
* Scan Registry
* Deep Scan Registry
* Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s
* Scan my Hosts file
* Under Click here to select drives + folders, choose:
* All of your hard drives

-> Click on the Advanced button on the left and select:

* Include additional process information
* Include additional file information
* Include environment information
* Include additional object details

-> Click the Tweak button and select:

* Under the Scanning Engine:
o Unload recognized processes during scanning
o Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile
o Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile
* Under the Cleaning Engine:
o Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot

-> Click on Proceed to save the settings.

-> Click Start and on the next screen choose Activate in-depth Scan at the bottom of the page and then choose:

* Use Custom Scanning Options

-> Click Next and Ad-aware will scan your hard drive(s) with the options you have selected.

-> Save the log file when it asks and then click Finish

-> When finished, mark everything for removal and get rid of it. (Right-click the window and choose Select All from the drop down menu and click Next).

Please delete your temporary files by deleting all files and folders that are in those folders (do not delete the temp folder itself) like for example
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\
C:\Temp\
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\
Also delete your Temporary Internet Files, be sure to also select delete all offline content.

> Reboot your computer.

If you would please, rescan with THE NEW VERSION of HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic.

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
ok it's taking a while to get these scans done and get the programs downloaded but I have managed to finish the housecall scan (found out that this will not download using the Opera browser). I haven't deleted anything, and the autoclean box was checked but all came back as uncleanable. This is what I found:

Virus: TROJ SWIZZOR.R (4 times in different files)
file name: C:\DocumentsandSettings\soulier\ApplicationData\Copyownspile\Mp3 Owns.exe
file name: C:\DocumentsandSettings\soulier\ApplicationData\copyownspile\Peak Cast joy boob.exe
File name: C:\DocumentsandSettings\soulier\ApplicationData\copyownspile\play boob pile soap.exe
file name: C:\DocumentsandSettings\soulier\ApplicationData\copyownspile\Regs Team Drv Platform.exe

virus: JAVA BYTEVER.A
file name: C:\DocumentsandSettings\soulier\LocasSettings\Temp\jar_cache44811.tmp *Dummy.Class*

virus: TROJ SWIZZOR.BH
file name: C:\DocumentsandSettings\soulier\LocalSettings\Temp\Rem19B.exe

virus: TROJ SWIZZOR.Z
file name: C:\DocumentsandSettings\soulier\LocalSettings\Temp\Rem4fD.exe

virus: TROJ LASTA.A
file name: C:\Drivers\utility\RecoveryGenius\Eng\RecoveryGenius\YZDLL32.DLL

virus: TROJ DELF.AR
file name: C:\TEMP\Installer2.exe

I'm in the process now of running the cleaner but I got a lil panicy when I seen 9 virus and thought I'd put in a post. I was away for a while and never had a chance to do all this the first time you suggested it but all of your help has been greatly appreciated

The nortons I have has been updated without problem since I've installed it through intelligent updater, it's just recently I haven't been able to launch the application for the updates.

Thanks again, I have a feeling I'll be back quite a bit

superflygirl

<_< :D

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Me again !

I forgot to mention that with the housecall scan it detected Malware. TROJ_DELF.RA TROJ_AGENT-1 <_<

I finished The Cleaner scan and this is what was found:
Filename Trojan Action
-------- ------ ------
c:\documents and settings\soulier\local settings\temp\rem19b.exe Swizzor Cleaned (Delete)
c:\documents and settings\soulier\local settings\temp\rem1f.exe CoolWebSearch Cleaned (Delete)
c:\documents and settings\soulier\local settings\temp\rem6.exe CoolWebSearch Cleaned (Delete)
c:\documents and settings\soulier\local settings\temp\rem799.exe CoolWebSearch Cleaned (Delete)
c:\documents and settings\soulier\local settings\temp\rem7c4.exe CoolWebSearch Cleaned (Delete)
c:\documents and settings\soulier\local settings\temp\thi557a.tmp\multimpp.dll MultiMPP Cleaned (Delete)
c:\program files\mywebsearch\bar\a.bin\mwsoemon.exe MySearchBar Cleaned (Delete)
c:\winnt\2_0_1browserhelper2.dll Delf Cleaned (Delete)
c:\winnt\acroread.ini Delf Cleaned (Delete)
c:\winnt\multimpp.dll MultiMPP Error
c:\winnt\system32\msbe.dll ExactAd Cleaned (Delete)

one of the multiMPP files could not be fixed, it said it could not delete file. Code 1229. I'll repost tomorrow with the ad-aware scan results and a new hijack this log (hope you're comfy, you'll be reading for a while)

Thanks again
superflygirl

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please download the latest version of Hijack This here, and post a fresh log. <_<

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi there,

I did the Ad-aware scan and the things found have been quarantined, I wasn't sure if I had to post the results but I saved the log so let me know if you need to see it (it's ALOT !!!)

Here is my newest hijack this log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 3:47:22 PM, on 06/11/2004

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\SyncroAd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\WinSync.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe
C:\WINNT\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALIANT~1\HIGH-S~1\app\EnterNet.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera7\opera.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.vcfbjvnji..._ThYi4PsVbw.php
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\a.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: MultimppObj Class - {002EB272-2590-4693-B166-FBD5D9B6FEA6} - C:\WINNT\multimpp.dll
O2 - BHO: MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - {00A6FAF1-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\a.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: mwsBar BHO - {07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\a.bin\MWSBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8175DA3C-3749-0C55-ECC4-6941DC056985} - C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\APPLIC~1\CASTTR~1\Size surf.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {83DE62E0-5805-11D8-9B25-00E04C60FAF2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: My &Web Search - {07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\a.bin\MWSBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CreateCD50] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\CreateCD\CreateCD50.exe" -r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck /autofix /autoclose
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows SyncroAd] C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\SyncroAd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [burndownloadmeetdata] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\datejugsburndownload\start default.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpySweeper_BT01] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\Bt01.exe" /SpySweeper_BT01
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [cetec] regedit.exe /s C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\LOCALS~1\Temp\cetec.reg
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mp3 Creative] C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\APPLIC~1\COPYOW~1\Soapeggs.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\a.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\a.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINNT\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINNT\System32\msjava.dll
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.co...etup1.0.0.8.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab27571.cab
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.s...ta/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.s.../ActiveData.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab

Thanks so much guys
superflygirl <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.vcfbjvnji..._ThYi4PsVbw.php
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: MultimppObj Class - {002EB272-2590-4693-B166-FBD5D9B6FEA6} - C:\WINNT\multimpp.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {83DE62E0-5805-11D8-9B25-00E04C60FAF2} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [cetec] regedit.exe /s C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\LOCALS~1\Temp\cetec.reg

Please reboot into safe mode - How do I boot into "Safe" mode?.
Be sure you're able to view hidden files, and remove the following files in bold (if found):C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch
C:\WINNT\multimpp.dll
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\soulier\APPLICATION DATA\CASTTR... <- this folder (name abbreviated)
C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd <- this folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\datejugsburndownload <- this folder

Please delete your temporary files by deleting all files and folders that are in those folders (do not delete the temp folder itself) like for example
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\
C:\Temp\
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\
Also delete your Temporary Internet Files, be sure to also select delete all offline content.

Reboot your PC.

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic, and let us know how your system's working. <_<

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
oooooooooh my !!
I fixed all those items in the hijack this scan and did manage to find a few of the files to delete; C:\ProgramFiles\MyWebSearch , C:\ProgramFiles\Windows SyncroAd , and the datejugsburndownload folder. I remember having problems with multimpp.dll and something with CASTTR but I couldn't find any folders or files with this on it. Now this is when I got a bit nervous and bailed out before I deleted anything <_< When it came to deleting Temporary files I wasn't sure if I had the right ones to delete, so best to check back here before I did anything.

Under what I figure to be C:\DocumentsandSetting\username\Local Setting\Temp I found 754 objects !!! I jotted down some to run them by you first to see if I was on the right track. Things found were; btlink, msiein, Temp folder, VBE, word8.0, {A4D7B764-..... , manual, msoclip 1, virus def, support, TH1276D.tmp , a bunch of what looked like imaging files: AAXA6D, AAXAF, AAXDB etc. files that appeared to be faded named c7323c09, c85c4881 etc ... Rem166, Rem 191, Rem520 (alot of Rem files) XoloXMcAfee, Yhaoo! mess..., yvertr.dll ....

I opened the Temporary Internet files and there's 9,087 !!!!! (would venture to say that 90% of it seemed to be types of porn! :D

The TEMP folder had; FLEOK, aurl, clientutil, Installer2, kyf, and log.bank. wasn't sure if that was what I was set out to delete or not. :D

On a brighter note, I didn't have any trouble with starting in safe mode...lol

Please let me know if I was on the right track (and lets hope I can find that track again)

Thanks guys
superflygirl

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Well this is the only temp file you have to delete:
C:\DOCUME~1\soulier\LOCALS~1\Temp\cetec.reg

However, I would recommend deleting everything in the folders you identified. Those files are all safe to delete. The only caviat is that deleting temporary Interent files may require you to log in to some sites that you were logged into automatically (due to removal of "cookies").

Removing them in safe mode ensures the process isn't running, so it can be deleted without trouble.

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
you ARE a quick one :D

Thanks...I'll reboot again in safe mode and get rid of all those files, those #s are unnerving....

since I installed The Cleaner I've been getting popups saying an alarm has been set off and that data is being changed. Am I supposed to click Ignore and accept the changes or do something about it ? (I'm an endless supply of questions <_< )

Thanks again :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

since I installed The Cleaner I've been getting popups saying an alarm has been set off and that data is being changed.

That should go away after removing your temp files.

superflygirl

superflygirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I have just finished more cleaning. I deleted all the files in the TEMP and Temporary Internet files folders (though 2 were left, one named bat and another I can't remember, it said they were system files and removing them might leave my com unoperable). The copyownspile file is still there and it contains files named; 387FD8E9, cyrhodrp, dlrfvtpo, Internet Great Mfed Bat, Mp3 Owns, npufsnsp, Peak cast joy boob, play boob pile soap, POP FILE PHONE LOG, Regs Team Drv Platform, rmgkpcsq, sknqsskr, Soapeggs, upidolmeal. I noticed some of these were in the hijack this list I clicked to fix...still there!
I ran a new hijackthis and this was the scan:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 7:52:50 PM, on 06/11/2004

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\soulier\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.oxlzqqbuv...ThYi4PsVbw.html
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [burndownloadmeetdata] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\datejugsburndownload\tick spam.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINNT\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINNT\System32\msjava.dll
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab

I'm still getting those pop-up alarms, it's a TCMonitor 2.1 window saying changes are being made. the latest one that's popped up was stating that the expected data of : burndownloadmeetdataC:\Documents and Setting\All Users\Application Data\datejugsburndownload\tick spam.exe was changed to the actual data of : burndownloadmeetdataC:\Documents and Setting\All Users\Application Data\datejugsburndownload\Faceburn.exe

TCActive! and TCMonitor are running in my tray and the TCMonitor eyes have turned red <_<

Bet you never expected such a challenge...sorry

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Bet you never expected such a challenge...sorry

I enjoy a challenge. :D Please follow these instructions exactly, and be sure not to miss anything. This should fix it. <_<

I deleted all the files in the TEMP and Temporary Internet files folders

Were you in Safe Mode when you deleted your temp files? If not, boot into safe mode and try again.
Restarting in safe mode:
1. Start Windows, or if it is running, shut Windows down, and then turn off the computer.
2. Restart the computer. The computer begins processing a set of instructions known as the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS). What is displayed depends on the BIOS manufacturer. Some computers display a progress bar that refers to the word BIOS, while others may not display any indication that this process is happening.
3. As soon as the BIOS has finished loading, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Continue to do so until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears. 4. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, scroll to and select the Safe mode menu item, and then press Enter.

Reboot your PC.

Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.oxlzqqbuv...ThYi4PsVbw.html
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [burndownloadmeetdata] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\datejugsburndownload\tick spam.exe

Please reboot into safe mode - How do I boot into "Safe" mode?.
Be sure you're able to view hidden files, and remove the following files in bold (if found):
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\soulier\APPLICATION DATA\CASTTR... <- this entire folder (name abbreviated)
C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd <- this entire folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\datejugsburndownload <- this entire folder

Reboot your PC.

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic, and let us know how your system's working. :D