Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display Problems

• Please log in to reply

PrincessFrost

PrincessFrost

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Ok. Everything on my PC works fine, but the monitor keeps going black then back to the destop. The say if you are scolling a webpage it will keep flashing between the two. I thought it was the monitor that was going, so i went to bought a new one. Its STILL doing it. What can it be?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Princess Frost :tazz:

Advertisements

PrincessFrost

PrincessFrost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Oh! Also, when you play games, like Day of Defeat.
It doesn't do it at all!

Isn't that strange?!?

And its gone right black now and won't come back on. :tazz:

PrincessFrost

PrincessFrost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks for everyones help. :tazz: ........... ;)

Elvedin

Elvedin

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
It sounds like driver problem did you download the latest drivers for you video card .Have you bought the right videocard for your PC.
Can you give more details exactly how it happens and What videocard you using and OS.
Did you install Videocard your self ?
Thanks.

Edited by Elvedin, 24 July 2005 - 05:42 AM.

PrincessFrost

PrincessFrost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Yes, I installed it myself. All I did was put it in a PCI slot, inserted the cd and let it install. It seems to be fine. Computer, picture, is great. For some reason whenever you go to do something, like scroll a webpage, scan with norton or ad-ware. Anything like that it always goes flashes black then back to the destop, then goes black again, then back to the desktop and it continues to do this until you stop what your doing and just leave the whole thing alone.
The only thing it doesn't do is when you play day of defeat or CS it doesn't do it at all. NOT ONCE. So if it were the videocard installed inproperly you would think that it would do it ALL the time. Not just when your working on the desktop and not when you're playing a game.

I have completely ran out of ideas.

Also, If you go into system properties, and click on my graphics card.
It says it is a GForce FX 5500 and that the driver is installed properly.

Elvedin

Elvedin

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Did you download the latest drivers for Videocard from www.nvidia.com and did you download DirectX from www.microsoft.com the latest version is 9.0c.
Also try out this link it might help.
PNY

Edited by Elvedin, 24 July 2005 - 04:33 PM.