Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help Me!

• Please log in to reply

Wheels_3

Wheels_3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: All of a sudden the pointing device on my Prisario 2100 has stopped working! I followed the directions in my owner's manual (half of which I can't follow since the pointing devices is frozen mid-screen!) with NO SUCCESS!!!
Thanks in advance for your help. ;)

Edited by Wheels_3, 23 July 2005 - 09:44 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
HI Wheels_3...Welcome to G2G!

Is this the mouse that came with your computer of one you have purchased lately?
Is it PS2 or USB?

You might try shutting your computer off, unplugging your mouse from the computer, plug it back in and the restart. That sometimes works.

If it is an aftermarket mouse, you might have to reinstall the software that came with it.

Another possibility is that your desk rodent has passed away and needs to be replaced. (Have you tried another mouse?)

wannabe1