Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem updating website

• Please log in to reply

guitwiz

guitwiz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hello,
I have had an issue trying to upload files to my website. When getting support from 'Host For Web', they say that the FTP server is fine and the problem must be on my end. They said to make sure I am using the PASSIV mode, and I do see that is checked under options, so I don't know why it's suddenly not working.
When I try to upload a file, IE makes it about half way into the status bar then freezes.
I also have a post here about sony click to dvd freezing when trying to create a dvd.
Could these issues be related?
I have recently renewed my subscription to Noron Antivirus. Both these problems are after doing that. Could the Norton software be causing problems?
Please help!!!!!!!! I'm not a complete amateur, but these problems are beyond my scope of knowledge. I need help please!!!!!!!! :tazz: ;)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
use a normal ftp application. there are several for download at http://download.com/

guitwiz

guitwiz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I now have Smart FTP and it works great, thanks for the help!!!!!!!!
:tazz: :)