Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TaskBar Prob

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
scarlet_spider...

I'm a little confused by your answers...if you haven't created a new user account, would you please do so and see if your problem persists? If you have created a new account and still have the problem, please post back and let me know.

wannabe1

Advertisements

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Hello again scarlet_spider...

Have you tried creating a new user account?  I've been surfing some knowledge bases for this problem and corrupt user account settings keeps popping up.  Give that a try and let me know if it changes anything.  Make sure to give the new account the Admin permissions.

wannabe1

View Post

You should create another account and tell if it has the problem or not.

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Srry if i confused u,lolz i got confused a bit myself...srry to say that the prob still exits...

Edited by scarlet_spider, 04 August 2005 - 03:02 PM.

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
With the new account?

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Yup..same prob

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Have you done a Windows XP repair?

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
what is that??

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Here is the link:
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html
I would use this method. It will not delete any files. You will need your Windows XP CD. Tell us how it goes.

Edited by paulcomputerman, 04 August 2005 - 06:59 PM.

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
k thanx ill reply back as soon as thats done:D

EDIT: two questions...do i boot with the original xp disk or the sp2 disk??? and will my tweaks remain...cause i have some for IE that are important and i have some for the registry which actually speed up my comp( no idea where they and what they are,long forgot)......??

Edited by scarlet_spider, 04 August 2005 - 07:07 PM.

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
1. The orginal Windows XP disk.
2. Depending on the tweaks, it may or may not. You may want to back up the registry and try to remember what you did.
It will probably fix your problem though so go ahead and go with it (the repair).

Edited by paulcomputerman, 04 August 2005 - 07:51 PM.

Advertisements

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hello.u wont believ this..lolz ..the proble, iz still there and now i have loads of other small problems ex.my audios gone...my mouse point cant
right click and the left click is too fast,all ma tweaks r gone(no prob with that),..the thing is that when i did the repair everything was fine .even the prob was gone...but then i installed sp2 and everything became messed.....ohh god,one prob becomes too many........:tazz:

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
You should back up your computer and restart your computer back to factory settings.

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
what do u mean???...r u sure i need to do all this,cause its just causing more probs

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I have the solution to your problem. Reinstalling Windows XP. This will delete All Files and Settings on your computer and restore to factory settings. Please make SURE you backup all files and settings. This is the only way to fix your problem. You mentioned in some other listings that you have some tweaks setup. It will delete those. You will need to boot from the original Windows XP CD. Follow the instructions to reinstall Windows XP. Good luck!
Paulcomputerman

Edited by paulcomputerman, 06 August 2005 - 03:02 PM.

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
...lolz...wow, its come to that...r u positive this will fix everything....was'nt repair suppose to fix it..and i noe that it did,everything was perfect,but then when i installed sp2....then everythin went back to "normal".lolz..maybe theres another way??