Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Linux Graphical Problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey all i succesfully installed linux on one of my old computers lying around here. Every works well cept there are these weird lines, going across the screen, the graphics are messed up. I can still work around it but i'd really like to know how to fix this weird graphical anomaly.

I'm using Linux Redhat 9 (shrike)
the Pc is a 500mhz celeron, 128mb ram, Ati Mach64 video card

I tried to c if it was because my card wasnt supported, but it is, i checked in the display option and i verified if that was indeed the card i had.

Its not the monitor because i tried the system on a few different monitors... any advice would be greatly appreciated

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
try messing around with your video settings xf86config or xorgconfig i think they are
try different settings until you get it to where you like it