Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

application Mover

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I downloaded Application mover tto move all the programs from my C drive to my E drive (where most of my pograms were installed) I moved most of them but still have five to go and can't move them because my trial period for application mover is up (it is messured by program I think). is there any other program like this that I could use to finish the job. I don't like have the program split over two partitions.

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Edited - Not allowed - Metallica

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Even thought that is not allowed I tryed it, but cannot find it, any other options. Would rather a more legal option.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 25 July 2005 - 05:34 PM.

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Why is that not allowed??
Its just like reinstalling the application

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Now read I have remove because if its referance to the other removed post. And it is not like uninstalling the application.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 26 July 2005 - 02:01 AM.

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Yes, oops sorry..

Edited by ratmilk, 26 July 2005 - 02:15 AM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I don't like the trail system and would like all software to be free, but that is not how it works. So I wan't another program that dose the same thing, is there any. And ratmilk rember that kids use this place (I am fifteen) so don't use the C word! remove it from the post if you would not mind doing so.

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Im 15 too...

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Well try and not act like one if you can help it, I try my best. As least I know what I am dealing with now, from personal experance with my self of coures. By the way what dose that code do.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 26 July 2005 - 03:30 AM.

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I wrote that simple batch script in attempt to give people, epilepsy.
Its not malicious, it just writes the hex values of certain colours to a temp file, then executes it, then repeats this process.

Jeez sorry for acting 15 :tazz:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Ok back to the original topic, is there a way to move the program use a program mover? ;) (Were both in Australia :tazz: so we should have acess to the same things. also what part of Australia are you from? ;) )

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I am in Melbourne :tazz:, but i can't seem to find any other programs than 'Application mover' on google. Don't buy it, it would be pointless to buy it and use it 5 times or so. If you have expirence with the registry, you could port the registy keys of the programs you want to move, and just copy the files.

Do you have any expirence with the registy?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Yes I do but then you have to updtea all the short cut and every thing that refers to it in the regesty and that would take a long time. and would rather have a program that dose it. any segestions any one. And ratmilk if you don't know one you don't have to reply.