I cannot send pictures from my computer through outlook express.
I have done everything suggested so far and I still get this message below.
It has always been easy to send pictures through outlook express versus
adding them one at a time in Yahoo email...
(Outlook Express goes through my
Internet provider...I recently changed to peoplepc and that is when it QUIT WORKING.)
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Emailing: Hybrid Cannas and Elephant Ears (2)', Account: 'PeoplePC Online', Server: 'smtpauth.peoplepc.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 smtpauth14.mail.atl.earthlink.net SMTP incoming data timeout - closing connection.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421
[email protected] wrote:
Thank you for writing to PeoplePC Online.
Regarding your concern, please follow the steps given below:
- Open your Outlook Express and go to Tools
- Select the Accounts and click on Mail, highlight the PeoplePC e-mail and click on Set as Default
If you do not use the previous ISP e-mail account, we would request you to please remove the settings from Outlook Express by following the steps given below:
- Go to Outlook Express and click on Tools.
- Select Accounts and click on Mail.
- Highlight previous e-mail account and click on Remove tab.
Also, check your Outlook Express settings as follows:
1) Double left click "Outlook Express" to open the program.
2) The "Outlook Express" window will appear.
3) Click on "Tools" on top of the window.
4) Scroll down and click on "Options".
5) Click on "Connections".
6) Ensure there is no checkmark at "Hang up after sending and receiving".
7) Click on "OK".
8) Click on "Tools" once more.
9) Scroll down and click on "Accounts".
10) Click on the "Mail" tab on the top of the window.
11) Select PeoplePC e-mail account under "Account" heading and click on "Properties".
12) A window will come up.
13) Click on "Servers" tab and make sure you have following as mail server settings:
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.peoplepc.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtpauth.peoplepc.com
14) Under "Incoming Mail Server" heading, uncheck "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" box.
15) Under "Outgoing Mail Server" put a check in the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication"
16) Then click "Advanced".
17) On this screen uncheck the check boxes "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" for both Outgoing mail (SMTP) and Incoming mail (POP3).
18) Check that Outgoing mail (SMTP) is set to 587 and that Incoming mail (POP3) is set to 110.
19) Click "OK".
Further, please follow the steps given below to ensure that you are not getting timed-out while you are trying to send/receive emails:
- Open "Outlook Express"
- Click on "Tools" and scroll down to "Accounts"
- Click on the "Mail" Tab
- Highlight PeoplePC account then click on "Properties"
- Click on the "Advanced" tab, at the bottom of this page
- Under "Server Timeouts" heading, increase the server time out to maximum (5 minute)
- Click on "Apply", then "Ok"
- Click on "Close" under "Internet Ac[bleep]s" window.
Thanks again for writing.
All the best,
One of the tech people at peoplepc.com
Edited by fflowergirl, 25 July 2005 - 10:17 AM.