Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need assistance with my graphics card

• Please log in to reply

iveo

iveo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I want to have 32bit graphics, but I can only have up to 24bit. I have the latest driver for my card which is an intergrated i810 intel graphics card, it is on my HP pavilion xe783. I think it only has 1mb of memory. And for the record, I am just trying to get it to use 32bit graphics, I am not going to get a new graphics card(I cant fit one on my motherboard anyways) and I am not going to get a new computer.

Edit: I am running win98SE.

Edited by iveo, 25 July 2005 - 03:56 PM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Sorry but you aren't going to get a 32bit setting with that chipset.. The absolute best it will do is 24bit..

Take a look at the following..

http://support.intel...b/cs-009122.htm

So, based on what you have already said about getting a new card, you have to live with 24bit graphics MAX !!!!
Murray

Edited by Murray S., 25 July 2005 - 04:21 PM.

jakestaby

jakestaby

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I think it only has 1mb of memory.

This is most likely not the case, as they haven't made video cards with that little memory for years (if ever.) From the sound of your video card, it doesn't allow or isn't capable of 24 bit color. Sounds like it's time to upgrade or deal with it.

iveo

iveo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks very much.

cotang1

cotang1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
plz help me i just bought a graphics card im trying to install drivers for my motherboard i have intel G965 express family chip set. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) and when i go to install the driver's from intel it says i dont meet the system requirments help!

Edited by cotang1, 04 January 2008 - 09:48 PM.

Angelboi

Angelboi

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Ummm What kind of graphics card is it? And post your computer specs please.