Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATi X800 XL AGP Compsite Input?

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
The title explains my question. I noticed on my graphics card's box it said:

S-video and composite video input and output (VIVO)

Does this mean I can connect something (like an xbox) into my pc, and play it off my monitor? I have a cable that plugs into the back of my card that has 2 yellow plugs, on of the yellow plugs has an arrow pointing out of the graphic card, and one has an arrow pointing in. I connected the yellow cord from my xbox into the yellow cord with the arrow that points in my computer. Now I just have to get this to work. How can I do that?

Thanks,
Matt

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It means you could play video (or games) from your PC on a big screen TV, projector, or other display using component inputs or S-video. Or, you could capture video using those same connections. Sorry, you can't route your Xbox through your PC to the monitor.