Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG FREE ANTIVIRUS

• Please log in to reply

chimchim

chimchim

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
3 times now I got a message saying that I had a virus in the Documents and Settings folder and that I should run the AVG ANTIVIRUS program. Each time I ran the scan it found no virus. Do I need to use a different antivirus program????
By the way,I check for updates every morning and evening!!!

Advertisements

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
To be on the safe side I used the free online Panda Active Scan to scan my computer for virus's and it found a W32/Spybot.gen.worm virus.
I never had a problem with the AVG Antivirus program before and always checked for updates every morning and evening. Should I get a different antivirus program????

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
In my opinion AVG is just as good as the market leader Norton, and far superior to McAfee. Some malware does get by AV defenses, and that's why we recommend online scans. <_<