Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling Norton Antivirus 2005

• Please log in to reply

MaanDeep

MaanDeep

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I have bought new Dell Inspiron 9300 that came with NAV 2005 (without Installation CD). It has Windows XP SP 2. I need to remove NAV 2005 and install NAV 2002 .. Yes, because thats the version works with my Office Remote Working Software. I am not able to remove NAV 2005 successfully using Add/Remove Programs... Whenver I install NAV2002 after removing NAV2005, on a reboot, PC doesnt reboot. Please advise on how to successfully completely remove NAV 2005.

Thanks a bunch..

MaanDeep

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
have a read of this if you still need help please come back and ask if it works please let us know fo other people
Uninstall NAV2005

MaanDeep

MaanDeep

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I did try it and it worked successfully. It helped me uncover the real problem that I was having with Yahoo SBC DSL Installation CD. All this while I was thinking NAV2005 removal is preventing my PC from rebooting, but now its clear that Yahoo SBC DSL Installation CD was culprit.

Thanks a lot !!

MaanDeep