Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Losing my shortcuts constantly?

• Please log in to reply

ducati996

ducati996

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:

I dont really know how to describe this, or know if its common, or whatever, so i guess ill just say how i see it. Every time that i reinstall windows and then begin the process of installing my programs once again, i seem to come across the same problem at one time or another. My big issue is that I eventually lose control of my programs, or they are deleted without my knowledge at all. I have tried all different kinds of anti-virus, spyware, etc. so i am just stumped at this point. Tonight, I had installed adaware, and then the next time i turned on my computer i clicked it, and it said that the link was not correct, so i right clicked the shortcut, and checked properties and found out that it had been changed to something that I did not input. I am on a different computer right now, so this first part is just trying to figure out if you have heard of anything like this before. Once I get back to my computer, I can run all those programs to show you my results.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You should start here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log to the malware team

If you have a malware issue anything you try to fix it until you are clear of malware will be circumvented

bandedenculer

bandedenculer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I suggest locking your profile when you are away from the computer so your 3 year old can't mess with it and let them use another profile. Either that or lookup "psychiatrist" in the yellow pages. :tazz: