Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon X800XT Problem..

• Please log in to reply

Hoptu

Hoptu

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I got a PowerColour Radeon X800XT in december and it has been serving me well..until now.

A few months ago I noticed that in any game I play (be it CS1.6 or Source, WoW, etc) it skips every few frames. Its very hard to explain without it witnessing it but I will try.

For example, If I am playing cs:s - walking down the ramp in dust from terrorist spawn, (im hoping people have an idea of what thats like ;)) it looks fine, graphics are excellent and smooth, but the display will just sort of pause and then jump, like push back then forward again.
It doesn't affect the game in any way and its still perfectly playable but after 2 months of this im beginning to get a bit..well.. :tazz:

My system specs in brief are:

P4 2.4 GHZ
Radeon X800XT 256mb
512MB Ram

I have tried uninstalling drivers and reinstall..and updating but to no avail. Also, I sent out a support ticket to ATI, but I basically got a message back saying they didn't have a clue what I'm talking about.

If people need any more info I will post a ATI Problem report log, asap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I"ll try anything! :)

Thanks.

Advertisements

Hoptu

Hoptu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bump..

=(

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It might just be the rest of your pc thats lacking its not the best and gfx require both cpu and gpu power to run smooth. Although you should clean old drivers off as well and reinstall the latest ati drivers.

Hoptu

Hoptu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I understand that its not a great processor, but as I said it only started doing it a few months ago - it was fine for ages after I bought it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well try the drivers fixes most problems.