Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrator Password and Recovery Console

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Resolution:

a. Double click on the "Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6" icon on your desktop

b. Click on the "Creator Classic" icon

2. Select and Burn the ISO file

a. Put a blank disc into your CD or DVD Recorder

b. Locate and left click "File" in the upper left hand corner of window, then click on

"Record Disc From Image..."

c. A "Record disc from image file" window will appear, go to the location on your

hard drive where the image file is located. Left click on the image file to highlight it,

then click the "Open" button

d. When the "Record Setup" window is displayed click on the "OK" button to start

burning the disc

More Information:

Last Reviewed: 12/18/2003

Keyword: ISO file burn record creator classic access

CC- How do I create a bootable CD

The information in this article applies to:
Easy Media Creator 7

Applicable Operating Systems:
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows XP Home Edition
Windows XP Professional

Issue:
How do I create a bootable CD?

Solution:
1. Open Creator Classic

a. Double-click on the "Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Home" icon on your Desktop.
b. Under the "Application" section, click on "Creator Classic.
c. Click on "File" and select "New Project". Choose "Bootable Disc".

The Choose Type of Bootable Disc dialog box appears.

2. In Emulation Option, select from the following:

a. Generate Image from Floppy: Select this option to create a bootable disc from a bootable floppy. To use this feature, you must have a bootable floppy disk.
b. Use Existing Image file: Select this option to create a bootable disc from an existing image file. To use this feature you need a bootable image on your hard disk. Click Browse to search for you bootable image.

3. Click OK. Follow any on-screen instructions that may appear.

4. When the Bootable disc project appears, use Creator Classic as you normally would for making a data disc.

Note: When the disc has been burned, take it to the system you want to boot from. Make sure it has bootable disc support enabled, insert the bootable disc in your CD or DVD drive, and reboot the system. If you are able to start your system from the bootable disc, you have successfully made a bootable disc.

NOTE: Easy Media Creator 7 only offers the option for "Floppy Disk Emulation (1.44 MB). No other emulation options are available.

Advertisements

marelsoft

marelsoft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Dsenette,
I finally created bootable Cd from ubcd4win.iso, I downloaded from your side.I was using Roxio 5.1. It created two files one small ~2k and big one size of dowload. I burned big one to my CD and rebooted my PC from CD. Message was "Can not read from the disk. Press ctrl,del alt to restart". Any suggestion what is the problem.
Thank you
Marelsoft

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you didn't burn it correctly....let me get you instructions

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go here and get the cd burner xp pro....it's better software and i can get you instructions for burning an iso http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php

hoffy628

hoffy628

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Recovery Console prompts me to enter Administrator Password. Documentation says, that if Administratot code not defined enter <Enter> instead. I am always getting Invalid Passwor message and cannot proceed.

If you try to use a CD that is different from the version of Windows that you have you will get this message. (example. boot from xp pro cd when you have xp home installed) The repair option in setup will not be available unless you use the correct disc as well.

Hope that helps